A Collection a Day

/
0 Comments
I ran across this art project-slash-blog by artist Lisa Congdon because I have worked with her agent in the past. I started following with some skepticism about how much variety the artist would be able to produce, but it's pretty exciting, actually.  I'm really into her collections of things like vintage packaging and anything with else with type on it, and her hand drawings are interesting too.

In the artist's own words,
"This is a blog documenting a project that will span exactly one year, from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010. On each of those 365 days, I will photograph or draw (and occasionally paint) one collection. Most of the collections are real and exist in my home or studio; those I will photograph. Some are imagined; those I will draw or (occasionally) paint."

Check out some of my favourites below, or mosey on over there to check out the whole year so far.


vintage signs


japanese garden scissors



the number 5, various materials




vintage flash cards





vintage button packaging




No comments: