Instant View Wall Murals

/
1 Comments
I've got a new office and it leaves a little to be desired in the view department. I'm not complaining at all, it's just a fact.  It doesn't have a window. Now, I've had everything from the wall-of-windows office to the cubicle-in-the-thick-of-it office and I can say that while I enjoyed the windows, they weren't exactly practical.

A wall of windows is hard to handle when you spend most of your time looking at details on a computer screen. That office with the wall of windows might have looked impressive, but not only was I blinded most of the time, I was sweltering in the summer and ice cold all winter. My office needs to feel comfortable, warm, and most importantly, have candy. If it's got those things, I'm good. 

Anyhow, I digress. The reason I've been thinking about those wall paper "instant view" murals from the 70's is related to my lack of windows. You know the kind I mean, right? With the mountains and the rivers and the blue blue sky? Or perhaps a pretty tropical sunset with palm trees?  I'd like to just paste one up, and see the reactions as people walk into my tropical jungle. It at least would be a great conversation starter. Of course I won't do this at work, but it did get me to thinking about my home.


The thing is they are totally back in fashion and there is a lot of selection available. I think it is interesting because they are both wildly old-fashioned (and still making appearances in dated decor like office foyers and community halls) and cutting edge trendy at the same time. This balance of so-lame-it-is-hip is always intriguing to me.



For me liking the look has nothing to do with cool-factor and everything to do with nostalgia. The look above doesn't work for me so much (something about a buck-and-doe headboard doesn't really speak to me) but I am still thinking I want to apply this look somehow in some space of mine.

I found this retro-inspired yellow tree wallpaper mural, and I'm pretty excited about it. Perhaps I'll paste it up on a set of sliding closet doors in my foyer? They are floor to ceiling and white and gross. Think of how cool this would be:



And then there are some really exciting things you can do with a wallpaper mural these days...












Buy guide:




1 comment:

Dream WallPapers said...

Thanks for sharing the important points of view with us.It is really very nice blog which describes how to decor our home.