Fall 2011 Colour Trend: Teal

/
0 Comments
Anna Sui Fall 2011
Spring has just arrived and I'm already thinking of Fall colour trends. The Pantone colour report is always released in step with Fall Fashion Weeks. Paris, New York and London have passed and I'm getting excited for a trip to Toronto's edition!

The colour I'm most excited for is deep teal. It's one of my all-time favourite colours! (Especially mixed with orange.)

I never really grow tired of this blue-green shade so I'm happy to see it officially listed as a trend, because that means I'll be able to get my hands on some great examples of it in the next few years.  Delicious paired with saffron yellow, it works well with browns, greys and some greens.

One of the reasons I love this tone is the warm/cool vibration. It manages to sit delicately on the line of cool while still seeming to be a warm fall hue. A perfect colour for all seasons, in my books.

Looking ahead at the fall collections, here are some yummy examples of the colour on the runway. I'll keep my eyes peeled in Toronto for more.

source
Alberta Ferretti Fall 2011
Marc Jacobs Fall 2011






















Mackage Fall 2011
Oscar De La Renta Fall 2011


No comments: